Hope for Those Hurt by Church
For most of us, our faith journey is the most essential thing about us, the closest thing to the core of who we are. So whenever some major shift in perspective rocks our faith, or we’re involved in a conflict involving our faith community, it goes deep, affecting our soul in some surprising ways.
If you are feeling lost, disillusioned or hurt as a result of a shift in your faith or by a negative church (or other faith community) experience, this just might be the class for you.
The four week journey costs $79 and includes daily posts (Monday through Friday) and weekly exercises in journaling, storytelling, and wellness practices. The next session begins March 11 and runs through April 5.
Thousands of honest, sincere people are finding themselves on the outside of a faith system they once held dear. The sadness, anger, disillusionment and fear can be debilitating. And confusing.
- Been asked to leave a church or told you’re not a “good fit”?
- Felt forced to conform or remain consistently overlooked?
- Been told that you are loved but not your sin?
- Questioned leadership or theology and found yourself on the outside?
- Felt sad, angry, afraid, lost, or disoriented after painful church experiences?
- Experienced a significant shift in your theology or faith perspective and find yourself feeling disoriented and unsure?
You are not lost, and you are not alone.
Walking Wounded: Hope for Those Hurt By Church is designed to help you move through the painful and confusing aftermath of a negative faith-based experience.
In this 4 week class you will:
- Connect with others who have similar experiences
- Identify your losses and reclaim your dreams
- Tell your story and receive support
- Work through your unfinished business
- Learn effective practices to restore a sense of sanity
Through interviews, conversation, journaling and storytelling, Kathy Escobar and Phyllis Mathis will guide you through the confusion and into a place of purpose and peace.